Sunday, August 4, 2013

Suit Up Sunday: Jon Bon Jovi

For this month's Suit Up Sunday posts, I'm doing an 80's flashback month! I was a tween in the 80's (way to date yourself there self...) and love going back and remembering the things that had me squeeing all over the place. Throughout August, I'll be sharing which 80's stars were plastered in posters all over my bedroom walls!

The first...whoa. Jon Bon Jovi.

Yeah. I think it was a combination of the hair and the cheekbones. Okay, who am I kidding. It was totally the hair. Tween Me didn't know anything about cheekbones.

And his voice....yeah. Slippery When Wet was one of the first albums I ever owned. I played it over and over and over and...you get the point.

Best part about JBJ? He's aged *really* well.

Like...yeah. How did he do that exactly? He should bottle it.

*swoons*

There aren't a lot of 80's musicians I still listen to regularly, but Bon Jovi is definitely one of them.

It's not *all* because I like to look at Jon and listen to his voice...but yeah, that's a lot of it.

And just to keep things all "legal-like", here he is in a suit.

Yeah. He's awesome.

So tell me, who did you have plastered all over your walls when you were a tween? Come on. Tell your Poppy. I need to know these things! 

And as a bonus, here's one of those Bon Jovi songs I always crank up and sing at the top of my lungs. In fact, you should probably be thankful that you aren't at my house right now...cause I'm totally singing right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment