Sunday, August 11, 2013

Suit Up Sunday: Breakfast Club

In this week's 80's flashback episode of Suit Up Sunday, I'm featuring the boys from the Breakfast Club. Oh the days of John Hughes movies...and this one is still one of my favorites *gulp* almost 30 years later. So let's have a look at the Breakfast Club boys then and now.

First up, Emilio Estevez as the popular jock, Andrew. You know, you have to love to hate him in some ways. But I guess that's how it works in these kinds of movies, huh?

I had to chuckle looking back at the pictures though. Hoodies were even in style in the 80's. He he he. (Ahem...it makes me think of Stiles....and Teen Wolf...and Sterek...but I digress...)

So these days, Emilio looks more like this: 

Moving on, we've got to talk about the 80's favorite Geek, Anthony Michael Hall. I think every girl from the 80's has a soft spot in their heart for AMH. I mean, Sixteen Candles and Weird Science...classics! But my favorite of his performances was as Brian in The Breakfast Club.




His narration of the letter at the end....serious love on my part.

So where is he now?
Yeah...somebody isn't a geek any more!!!!


And finally....last but certainly not least....




John Bender, played by Judd Nelson. Man, I never wanted to give a guy an earring so bad in my life.....yeah, those of you who've seen the movie know exactly what I mean by that, doncha? he he he

So the resident bad boy grew up too.


So there they are. The boys of the Breakfast Club, then and now.

Sigh.

I think I'm going to have to watch the movie again, how about you?

So what was your favorite 80's movie??

And I'll leave you with this, the iconic dance scene in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment