Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Couch to 5k: Day Two Plus Soul Magic Promo!

Really excited to report that I completed the second workout this morning on the Couch to 5k program! Not going to lie, it was tough today! I made it through though!

I can't believe the outpouring of support I've received! You guys are amazing! I'm so thankful you're all following me on this journey and that several of you have hopped on the C25K bandwagon with me. :)

So I've gotten some pretty fantastic advice over the past couple of days and I thought I'd pass some of it along to help out anyone else considering this program.


  1. Make sure you give your legs a rest on the off days- I don't know about you guys, but yesterday, I wanted nothing more than to go for another walk! I was so enthusiastic and excited about getting started that I just wanted to do more! But don't give into that temptation! Your legs need the rest, especially if you're in bad shape like I am. Instead, I did "arms and abs" yesterday with some exercises recommended by a friend. I still felt great having done something, but my legs had a day to recover.
  2. Be prepared to be hungry! -- See, I wasn't prepared for this at all. The afternoon of my first run I was so hungry! Which is really unusual for me. Have some healthy snacks around in case this happens to you too! I've been recommended fruit and nuts as healthy options to get me through the afternoon slump.
  3. Check out the podcasts -- It really helped me on day one to have the music queues on the pre-recorded music lists I found. I used this one from Go Nicole Yourself. I downloaded 1.2 and have used it for both my workouts so far! 
So how are you guys doing? I'd love to hear some updates!

************************

In other news, I'm excited to report that I'm over at Babes in Boyland today for an interview about Soul Magic! Please go check it out...and help me blame Piper Vaughn for my pie obsession! 

Soul Magic is now available from Dreamspinner Press and on Amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment