Thursday, July 12, 2012

What's Up Wednesday? (The Thursday Edition)

Well, I *meant* to update my blog yesterday. I really did. But there was shiny...


As a result, I'm doing What's Up Wednesday on Thursday. Which pretty much sums up my week. I've been so busy I don't even know what day it is!


The biggest busy? The garden. It's that time of year and the crops are coming in faster than we can keep up. This week we put up 10 bushels of corn. For those non-gardeners among us, that means picking the corn, husking the corn, silking the corn, washing the corn, cutting the corn off the cob, and finally...canning it. Crazy process, but I can't argue with the results!



It was a great writing week though. My works in progress is up to date, and I've almost got two novellas knocked out. Now on to the editing part of the process, which is most un-fun for me.

You can follow my process through my Works In Progress page.

The next item on the agenda is a short piece for Kool Queer Lit. They're having a really fun month over there in August, with lots of smuttastic offerings planned. I'm excited to be part of it, and can't wait to see what naughtiness my brain comes up with for this one. I have an inspiration image in mind already. *eyebrow wiggle* I just love those inspiration images.

In other news, are you following the submissions for the Rainbow Awards?  What an amazing list. Over 300 entries at last count. I love checking out lists like this to find stories in my favorite sub-genres that I might have missed. Good stuff! My to-read list grows ever time Elisa posts an update!

One of the random shiny things I've stumbled across is the sock bun curling method. Yeah. Sock bun. You apparently can whip your hair up in a bun over night using a sock and you get beautiful curls as a result. Let the experiment commence. I think I'm going to try it tonight for kicks and giggles. I'll try to take some pictures. No promises. LOL But here's video proof that it works.

Hope you all have a fantastic week.


No comments:

Post a Comment