Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Week in Review

Poppy's Grandma
Whew! What a fantastic week this has been! I made a quick trip down to Florida to visit my grandma and hand deliver a copy of Mind Magic. She wasn't proud or anything. Nope, not one little bit. She sat down and read her copy right away. And said it was the raunchiest thing she'd ever read! Gotta love an 86 year old grandma who will read anything her granddaughter writes, even if it does have "those scary vampires and shifters". She has requested a cowboy book. No worries, Grandma. I'll see if I can wrangle up a hot rancher, just for you.

Friday, I posted an episode of Boxer Falls over on the M/M Romance Group at Goodreads. Are you following Boxer Falls?? If not, you should be! It's a Gaytime Drama and is soap-tastic. No worries if you're behind! You can catch up by checking out our "reruns" over at the Boxer Falls website.


Saturday, I had a fantastic chat over on the Dreamspinner Facebook page. Made a ton of new friends, and even had a marriage proposal! (Okay, so I swiped someone else's proposal and pretended it was mine...but it was on my chat so I called dibs! *g*) The conversation turned to bacon, as it tends to do when I'm around.

Fast forward to Monday, and I'm over at Paranormal Paradigm's posting about The Hulk. Yep, that Hulk...the big green guy! In Make Like the Hulk--And Shift, I gab about the importance of the little details in world building. Things like what happens to a shifters clothes when they shift! I happen to think that the Hulk wearing shredded clothes is downright sexy. There must be someone out there who agrees with me. Anyone? Anyone? *taps microphone* Is this thing working?

Monday night found me out to dinner with the fantastic folks from Mantastic Fiction. They are doing a really great challenge in preparation for the GayRomLit retreat this October in Albuquerque. The challenge is to read a book from every author attending before the retreat in October. They have it broken down by week, and last week I was on the list.

*pants for breath* Sheesh, I was busy last week, and I'm only through Monday!

On Wednesday, I was interviewed by the lovely Dawn at Dawn's Reading Nook. She *may* have gotten me tipsy first. I can't be blamed for any silliness!

I also had the opportunity to hang out over at Joyfully Jay! I explained a bit about the Magic in Mind Magic and how the "power of three" works in the novel. And the best part? You can ENTER TO WIN a copy of Mind Magic by leaving a comment on the post. It's only open until Tuesday, May 8 so hop on over and leave a comment.

Well, I'm only to Wednesday and have written volume one! I suppose I'll shut my pie hole and get back to writing. Next week, I have a ton more blog appearances lined up...and if you've ever wanted to hear what your favorite Poppy sounds like, tune in Wednesday, May 9 for the ParaYourNormal Radio Show. I'm their featured guest!

2 comments:

  1. you sure had fun and i love your Grandma and i miss mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an early comment but I just wanted to say “Thank You” for letting me be included in your Hop Against Homophobia. I am afraid I am not a talented m/m fiction writer like yourself but I am an avid reader of it.

    I guess I do not fit into any category really since I write non-fiction for an adult studio. http://shadowsterling.blogspot.com/2012/04/studio-i-write-for.html

    But this is a cause I feel strongly about and I wanted to let you know I appreciate the opportunity to be included.

    ReplyDelete